Section 1. Purpose of the Otowi Bridge Chapter.
- General Purpose. THE Otowi Bridge Chapter has been founded as non-profit, tax exempt corporation chartered by PMI®, and is dedicated to advancing the practice, science, and profession of project management in New Mexico in a conscious and proactive manner.
- Specific Purposes. Consistent with the terms of the Charter executed between the Otowi
Bridge Chapter and PMI and these Bylaws, the purposes of the Otowi Bridge Chapter shall include the following:
- To foster professionalism in the management of projects.
- To contribute to the quality and scope of project management.
- To stimulate appropriate global application of project management for the benefit of general public.
- To provide a recognized forum for the free exchange of ideas, applications, and solutions to project management issues among its members, and other interested and involved in project management.
- To identify and promote the fundamentals of project management and advance the body of knowledge for managing projects successfully.
- To collaborate with universities and other educational institutions to promote project management career development.
- To provide project management information and education to the northern New Mexico industries, government agencies and educational institutions.
- To promote the PMI and the Chapter methods and ethics through community involvement.
Section 2. Limitations of the Otowi Bridge Chapter.
- General Limitations. The purposes and activities of the Otowi Bridge Chapter shall be subject to limitations set forth in the charter agreement, these Bylaws, and conducted consistently with Otowi Bridge Chapter Articles of Incorporation.
- The membership database and listings provided by PMI to the Otowi Bridge Chapter may not be used for commercial purposes and may be used only for non-profit purposes directly related to the business of the Otowi Bridge Chapter, consistent with PMI policies and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those law and regulations pertaining to privacy and use of personal information.
- The officers and directors of the Otowi Bridge Chapter shall be solely accountable for the planning and operations of the Chapter, and shall perform their duties in accordance with the Chapter’s governing documents; its Charter Agreement; PMI’s Bylaws, policies, practices, procedures, and rules; and applicable law.