Job ID: 2018-1279
North Las Vegas, NV
If you’re looking for an interesting, fulfilling career, you’ve come to the right place!
At Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS), we’re a dynamic team of employees who manage and operate the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly known as the Nevada Test Site. A premier outdoor, indoor and underground national laboratory for unique, high-level experiments, the NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. We’re dedicated to working together as a team to keep our nation safe. Join us!
MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and Stoller Newport News Nuclear, Inc. (SN3).
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must adapt well to a changing environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Computer skills related to the use of scheduling applications, spreadsheets, word processors, and databases helpful but not required
- Data mining, analysis, and modeling techniques. Ability to manipulate large amounts of data with minimal errors
- Knowledge in usage, application, and integration of both cost and schedule tools helpful but not required
- Ability to work multi-tasks, tenacious, and possess excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organization and goal planning skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Department of Energy Q Clearance may be required. If required, reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.” Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
- Knowledge of the following processes and tool sets helpful but not required:
- Application System processes
- Change Control process, including client supporting data
- Convert estimates to budgets in support of planning process
- Develop Estimates to Complete
- Develop WBS and Dictionary based on requirements
- Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques
- Estimating processes and techniques
- Extrapolate a schedule from the WBS
- Funds application process and control
- Opening and closing of charge numbers in the accounting system
- Requirements definition
- Schedule development and execution process
- Support internal/external reviews and validations
- Support the Variance Analysis process
- Use the schedule to support a complete Critical Path/Float analysis
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
THIS IS A PIPELINE REQUISITION TO IDENTIFY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR POTENTIAL FUTURE JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Perform duties of a Project Controls Specialist in support of multiple projects and programs. Interface directly with project and functional team members to obtain required input in a multiple-project environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for a position at one of the following locations: North Las Vegas (Losee Road Facility), the Nevada National Security Site (located 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada), Nellis Air Force Base, Andrews Air Force Base (Maryland), Los Alamos,NM, or Santa Barbara,CA.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor performance measurement baselines, including cost and schedule, baseline management and change control, risk management, subcontract management, earned value management, variance analysis, and estimate at completion
- Support the development and execution of project and functional planning
- May serve as an assistant to a Project Manager
- Support for program/project teams in all phases of the project lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure)
- Develop and maintain Primavera P6 schedules to include full loading of resource requirements and integration with the Cobra performance-reporting database
- Develop and maintain performance measurement tools to support planning, estimating, scheduling, and risk analysis of project work
- Assist Project Managers in developing metrics to support the measurement of performance to cost and schedule objectives
- Perform detailed analysis of project costs, performance, forecasts, and funds status
- Prepare reports to reflect program/project status, cost and schedule trends, funding and project uncertainties
- Support project deliverables and assist in the development of project reviews for internal and external customer briefings
Software Powered by iCIMS